A renowned Ethical Committee of ShSMC is formed to guides investigations / researches of this institution. Any research projects funded by the government or non-government agencies, college own research studies and publications in professional journals necessitate the research project to get an approval from this committee.
Ethical committee Members:
|Sl No.||Name||Professional Designation||Committee Designation|
|1.||Prof. Dr. Ridwanur Rahman
|Head of the Dept. of Medicine, ShSMC, Dhaka.||Chairman|
|2.||Dr. A. M. Selim Reza||Head of the Dept. of Forensic Medicine, ShSMC, Dhaka.||Member Secretary|
|3.||Prof. Dr. ABM Muksudul Alam||Principal, ShSMC, Dhaka.||Member|
|4.||Dr. Md. Shahadat Hossain||Vice-Principal, ShSMC, Dhaka.||Member|
|5.||Prof. Dr. Uttam Kumar Barua||Director, ShSMCH, Dhaka.||Member|
|6.||Prof. Dr. Sayeda Afroza||Head of the Dept. of Paediatrics, ShSMC, Dhaka.||Member|
|7.||Prof. Dr. Farhana Dewan||Head of the Dept. of Obs. & Gynae, ShSMC, Dhaka.||Member|
|8.||Prof. Dr. Nilufar Rahman||Head of the Dept. of Physiology, ShSMC, Dhaka.||Member|
|9.||Prof. Dr. Musarrat Haque||Head of the Dept. of Community Medicine, ShSMC, Dhaka.||Member|
|10.||Prof. Dr. Meherunnessa||Head of the Dept. of Pathology, ShSMC, Dhaka.||Member|
|11.||Prof. Saeeda Sultana||Head of the Dept. of Pharmacology, ShSMC, Dhaka.||Member|
|12.||Prof. Dr. Kamal Sultan||Head of the Dept. of Biochemistry, ShSMC, Dhaka.||Member|
|13.||Prof. Md. Mujibur Rahman||Professor of the Dept. of Medicine, ShSMC, Dhaka.||Member|
|14.||Prof. Dr. Mahmud Hasan||Head of the Dept. of Surgery, ShSMC, Dhaka.||Member|
|15.||Prof. A. H. M. Rowshon||Head of the Dept. of Gastroenterology, ShSMC, Dhaka.||Member|
|16.||Dr. Md. Humayun Kabir||Head of the Dept. of Dentistry, ShSMC, Dhaka.||Member|
|17.||Md. Altaf Mahmud||Journalist, Dhaka.||Member|
|18.||Md. Abu Sufian||Imam, ShSMCH, Dhaka.||Member|
|19.||Asha Lota||Superintendent of Nursing, ShSMCH, Dhaka.||Member|
|20.||Ad. Md. Firoj Ahmed||Advocate, Bangladesh Supreme Court, Dhaka.||Member|
|21.||Khandakar Nurun Nahar||Social Service Officer, ShSMCH, Dhaka.||Member|
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- To provide independent, competent, and timely review of the ethics of proposed researches/studies.
- To contribute to safeguarding the dignity, rights, safety, and well-being of all actual or potential research participants.
- To take into consideration the principle of justice-which requires that the benefits and burdens of research be distributed fairly among all groups and classes in society, taking into account age, gender, economic status, culture, and ethnic consideration.
- ShSMC will be independent from political, institutional, professional, and market influences.
- To ensure that there is regular evaluation of the ethics of ongoing researches/studies that received a positive decision.
- The ShSMC will have due regard for the requirements of relevant regulatory agencies and applicable laws