Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College Teachers Association
Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College Teachers Association is a scientific social organization of the teachers of Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College that has been established in 10th July 2006 through a consensus charter of an adopted constitution and by–laws.
SSMCTA organizes social and scientific programs for the teachers, runs regular journal clubs with updating activities and regularly publishes Journal of Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College (J Shaheed Suhrawardy Med Coll), an official journal of the Organization.
ShSMC Teachers’ Association
Executive Committee 2014-2016
President : Prof. Dr. ABM Muksudul Alam
Vice-President : Prof. Dr. Nilufar Rahman
: Prof. Dr. Sharmin Rahman
: Prof. Dr. Shibendu Majumder
Treasurer : Dr. Shaheen Reza Chowdhury
General Secretary : Dr. K.M Mamun Murshed
Joint Secretary : Dr. SM Quamrul Akhter
Organizing Secretary : Dr. Md. Abdullah Al Mamun
Office & Communication Secretary : Dr. Nanda Dulal Saha
Science & Publication Secretary : Prof. Dr. AHM Rowshon
Cultural & Entertainment Secretary : Dr. Anjuman Ara Sultana
Social Welfare Secretary : Dr. Nitish Krisna Das
Executive Committee Members : Prof. Dr. Uttam Kumar Barua
: Dr. Pankoj Kumar Saha
: Dr. Humayun Kabir
: Dr. Musfizur Rahman
: Nihar Ranjan Sarker
: Dr. Udoy Shankor Roy
: Dr. Abul Masud Md. Nurul Karim
: Dr. Nanda Lal Das
: Dr. AQM Omar Sharif
: Dr. Md. Shahadat Hossain
Ex-Officio : Dr. Manash Ranjan Chakraborty
List of Previous President and Secretary since established:
|Name of the President||Name of the General Secretary||Year|
|Prof. Dr. S. M Idris Ali||Prof. Dr. Nazmul Haque||2006-2008|
|Dr. Abdul Malek||Dr. A. M Selim Reza||2008-2010|
|Prof. M. A. Rashid||Dr. A. M Selim Reza||2010-2012|
|Prof. M. A. Rashid||Dr. Md. Manash Ranjan Chakrabarty||2012-2014|
|Prof. Dr. ABM Muksudul Alam||Dr. K.M Mamun Murshed||2014-2016|
To create a develop, time adaptable research based medical educational environment by assuring participation in social, health, treatment and human service.
- To develop medical education by trying to create interest in time adaptable and research based works.
- To create coordination, association, empathical environment among the teachers of Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College Hospital and develop teacher-student relationship.
- To develop the standard professionalism of medical teachers and increase the interest, right and benefit of the member of the organization.
- To organize scientific seminar, educational talk show, debate and cultural program.
- To communicate and collaborate with different national and international medical institutions, universities and professional organizations.
- To help financially for emergency treatment and empathies to members and colleagues.
- To unification and participation in different program arranged by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare of Bangladesh for health, social service and natural disaster.
- To take necessary step to uphold the aim and objectives of the organization.
- To celebrate and participate in different national days with proper dignity.