Department of Community Medicine
Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College
Sher-E-Bangla Nagar, Dhaka-1207.
Faculty members Group Photo (Teachers):
- Academic Members:
|Sl. No.||Name & Designation||Address & Phone No.|
|1||Prof. (Dr.) Musarrat Haque
Professor & Head of the Department
|Apartment No. E/2, House No. 24, Road No. 5, Dhanmondi R/A, Dhaka-1205. Phone No. 01715-622062|
|2||Dr. Fouzia Yesmin,
|Flat No. 4/B, Madhu Bagh Tower, 395, Madhu Bagh, MogBazar, Dhaka-1217. Phone No. 01778-742180|
|3||Dr. Afroza Begum
|Flat No. 5/B, House No. 4, Road No. 4, Dhanmondi R/A, Dhaka-1205. Phone No. 01720-946868|
|4||Dr. M.N. Fahmida Asma
|House No. 3, Flat No. B/2, Road No. 12 Block-C, Section – 6, Mirpur, Dhaka-1216. Phone No. 01720-318398, 02-9010394 (Res)|
|5||Dr. Md. Akbar Hossain
|5 Sideshwari, Ramna, Dhaka. Phone No. 01711-146346|
|6||Dr. Syeda Nusrat Jahan
|16/2, Block-B, Babor Road, Mohammadpur, Dhaka -1207. Phone No. 01716-491494|
|7||Dr. Sumona Haque
|House No. 977, Road No. 16, Adabor, Shamoly, Dhaka. Phone No. 01720-056581|
|8||Dr. Kazi Nahida Sultana
|House No. 127, Road No. 3, Mohammadi Housing Soceity, Mohammadpur, Dhaka. Phone No. 01711-961977|
|9||Dr. Syeda Zamila Hosan Holy
|Phone No. 01752-933264|
- Teach MBBS students different aspects of Community Medicine in 2nd Phase of the curriculum.
- Conduct Residential Field Site Training Programme for MBBS student so that future health care providers will be able to:
- become accustomed with the environment and life style of people of rural community.
- identify health needs and problems of the community people and prioritise them
- conduct survey based on health needs and problems of the community.
- be acquainted with health care delivery system at PHC level in Bangladesh.
- develop intersectoral co-ordination.
- Conduct day visit programme of MBBS students in different health related organizations and guide them to write report.
- Train MBBS students to conduct research and prepare research report.
- Conduct study tour of MBBS students to observe different natural and health related organizations of the country for acquiring knowledge and developing skill in assessing health needs and demands of the population.
- Conduct research on public health related topics.
Research done in 2015:
- Tobacco Consumption among adult of a selected rural area.
- Domestic Accidents among children in a selected rural area (ongoing).
- Breast Feeding Practices in a selected rural area (ongoing).
- Access and Utilization of Post Natal services among rural mothers in Bangladesh improving maternal health achieving MDGs.
- Study of Comparative Gastro protective effect of Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Jastimodhu) root extract on Ibuprofen induced gastric ulcer in rats.
- Contraceptive Method used by the Couples of a Rural Area. Dr. M. N. Fahmida Asma, Dr. Fouzia Yesmin, Dr. Momena Khatun. Bangladesh Journal of Community Medicine. 2015; 01 (01): 42-48.
- Mental Stress Status among Government and Non-Government Bank Officials. Dr. Syeda Rumana Haque, Dr. F.N.Fahmina Asma, Dr. Farid Uddin Ahmed, Dr. Anwar Hossain. Bangladesh Journal of Community Medicine. 2015; 1 (1): 9-14.
Seminar Presented in 2015:
- Community Based and Community Oriented Medical Education. Presented by Dr. M.N.Fahmida Asma, Assistant Professor, Community Medicine.